With spring right around the corner, now is the time to start dreaming of all the outdoor entertaining you’ll be doing on your deck before you know it! If you want to get creative with deck design, there are many different fun ways to decorate your deck for spring. Here are ten of our favorites!
- Have fun with throw pillows! Colorful throw pillows add a fresh pop of spring color onto your outdoor furniture, and they also make it much more comfortable to spend time outside. Make sure you choose throw pillows that are designed for indoor/outdoor use to avoid mildew problems.
- Add containers of different colors, heights, and sizes filled with flowers and plants for a gorgeous and colorful accent.
- Decorate your deck railing with something gorgeous, like clear glass panels or even ivy! Who says that safety railing has to be boring and drab? Not us!
- If you have a deck that is a neutral wooden color and deck furniture that is also fairly plain, you can go wild with color during the spring months. Choose throw pillows, accent furniture, and planters that all compliment each other for an irresistible blast of color.
- If the view from your deck isn’t too attractive, use screens to make the area feel cozy and also hide an unattractive view while you are having friends over and taking advantage of your outdoor entertaining space.
- Explore your options for shade on your deck, like retractable awnings, umbrellas, and other creative ways to soak up the sun while also staying out of it.
- Add a small garden where you can plant some of your favorite spring and summer vegetables and flowers. This is a fun way to add color to your deck while also taking advantage of the warmth to grow something different.
- Add rugs to the deck so that the area feels more conducive to entertaining and spending time. An outdoor rug helps to extend the living space instead of making the outdoors feel like they are separate from your home altogether.
- Do you have an area on your deck where you could use hanging baskets? They are a fun and low-maintenance way to add greenery to your deck without needing to spend hours every week keeping it up. You can also rotate hanging baskets in and out based on the season.
- Add lights to your deck so that you can use your seating and entertaining area after dark. The night sky is beautiful, but small fairy lights will allow you to enjoy the night sky and also find your drink on the table.
Build Your Dream Deck with United Fence & Deck Today
No matter your fence or deck needs, you can rely on United Fence & Deck to meet them. We’ve got a reputation as a family-owned business for providing great service and prices. Call us today for a free estimate at (410) 487-2561! If you’re looking for the BEST fences and decks out there, we’re here to help.